Saturday 16 April 2011

Full time dance teacher diary - One day with me again!!!

My day is pretty much the same every day. As I already told you in my Dancer Diary I wake up about 8:30am. The days I teach I check emails and return calls during all mornings, have a break for lunch and afternoon I prepare my lessons.
So when I teach I spend my afternoon creating new choreographies and remixing new songs for the lessons. Normally these days I also contact new gyms for new groups or book new private lessons to the next weeks. Restaurants also book us to teach in hen parties.
These afternoons I take to organise all I have to teach in that week and plan my schedule. Some groups need more attention and some I need to create more difficult combinations to challenge them. When the group has already about 10 choreographies we organise a family show. Or the group take part of charities and haflas.
If the group decide to take part of any event I may spend one afternoon ordering costumes from the designer in Egypt.
 When is about 6pm I leave home way to my lessons. I normally take with me a huge bag with scarves and everything the girls might need for their lessons. My lessons take 2 hours. First we would do technique and secondly choreographies. When I teach I arrive at home about 11pm.

I normally have 3 afternoons private lessons and 1 or 2 evening group lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment