Saturday 16 April 2011

Belly Dancer Diary - One day with Francy!

I normally wake up early, about 8:30am, as a married woman I try to match my times with my husband even when is hard to me. Having a nightlife is hard to keep a "normal life". So I do my best to be able to dance as long as I wish keeping the marriage harmony.
First thing in the morning I take my vitamins, that helps me to keep going healthy and then I have a light breakfast. Soon as the morning starts I have to answer all emails and voice mails I couldn't answer the evening before as I was dancing. Normally the emails are requests to private parties, new students to my lessons, new girls for my agency, business proposal etc... Mornings and early afternoons I spend most time answering all emails and calls.
About 12:30am I will probably cook something light with loads of proteins and fibre that keep me going all day on. Sometimes I like to try new Middle Eastern food.
From 1:30pm, when normally the other performers wake up the phone don't stops ringing to cover shows and find covers to last minute shows. Afternoons are time to prepare the cd's for the evening, sewing costumes when necessary, practice a bit new steps... Also is time to look after hair, nails, skin.
About 4:30pm I normally have a break to eat some light snack and prepare my water bottle To take with me for the evening.
From 5pm the time is precious and run fast. Then will have loads to prepare same time so I won't answer the phone to concentrates in get ready on time. My shows starts early as 7pm so I need to be ready to leave at 6pm. I work every day of the week, some days teaching and the rest of the week and weekend performing. The shows will finish as late as 1230pm, this because I defined till what time I want to work because I know most of my colleagues will finish at 3am. But for me by 2am I am in bed resting to start a new crazy day tomorrow. For a professional belly dancer, who lives with dance and teaching, has to keep busy to guarantee a good income. As our work is very enjoyable I don't feel the need to take day off but I do take long holidays!

Week days - Around 2-3 shows per night
Weekends - Around 5-7 shows per night

1 comment:

  1. Hi Francy! Sounds like a very nice and fulfilling life! I admire your dedication to balance (family, good health and work). Keep on inspiring! -Misty

    ReplyDelete