Tuesday 20 December 2011

Interview with Warda Maravilha by Mahaila Tat Ishtar

                                    Warda Maravilha - Famous Brazilian Belly Dancer                                        How do you work with your students the differents styles, that you have adopted as (being) its standard and non-creation of dancers clones?                                                                 Warda -> They know my style, and inside, I present the variations. Also because my standard is quite varied, free and loose. Also always show videos of dancers who are my idols, like Fouad Naju and Nadia Jamal, for example. But above all, learning to keep their essences.

In your opinion, why is it that our country affects both the patterns of belly dancing in the market, recognizing either as an ideal, which ends up promoting a certain bias with that model presented in our different category?
Warda -> This is true! I was very sad when I returned to Brazil *, and I look at it very closely on juries dance. The problem is quite complex. The lack of grip to impose themselves, I believe that is the main cause. I am what I am always and never changed my way for me to fit into any alleged default, since I always know that my style fits perfectly in the real Arab world, then would not accept anyone who would tell me otherwise.
I believe that we have changed a lot about it in Brazil. But we still have to work harder for everyone to choose their own styles by personal taste.
* Warda spent 12 ½ years in Arab countries like Dubai, Lebanon, Syria, Tunisia, among others.


For international career, the shoes are a requirement. In its place, here in Brazil, you encourage the use of their students?
Warda -> Personally, I only dance jump. But do not force her, no. Also because I have students of all ages, and work it well. But the use of step to me, is undoubtedly much more elegant.


In another interview, you said that there are many differences between dancing in Brazil and abroad. With regard to makeup, there are also disparities?
Warda -> The makeup abroad are much more beautiful than in Brazil, are arts. Different colours are used, smoky .. In Brazil, that makeup is always used very basic. I am full wagon when it comes to makeup, total Lebanese.


If you were not a dancer and belly dance teacher, what profession would follow?Why?
Warda -> Probably something in the beauty - I'm in love with beauty. Or actress.


I would like to leave a message for our readers?
Warda -> Study hard, watch many videos, not just those that everybody knows, and yes, those who are different, who are or have essentially Arabic! Kisses in the heart.


www.wardabellydance.com.br


No comments:

Post a Comment